Monday, April 20, 2009

Big and Little




I've just had an interesting experience today remodeling formals. The first one is for a former student to wear to the prom. It was a size 1/2 and I needed to make it a 1. I first let out all 18 seams as much as possible. Then I cut down the back and added in 6 more loops for lacing. It had zipped up to mid back and laced the rest of the way. Now, the lacing starts at the waistline. Earlier, I had added in a bra to one that laced the same way, so I felt this would work. I think this is the 6th dress I've added lacing to in order to make them bigger.


The second dress is one I bought at Savers for a woman to wear during our upcoming musical review. She needs a 16-18 and this dress was a 22. It also had a weird sheer jacket type attachment that I removed. I tried to follow proportions patterns show in size gradation, so I hope it will work. She will try it on tonight and we'll see. I think I now have all of the sewing done for the review ( 20's dress, 3 skirts, spats. hem pants, formal hem and formal alteration) so I can get to work on some things for the Wednesday Earth Day bazaar and the two outfits I need to get done for a June 6th wedding. Now, if some of the things I have listed on etsy would just sell!

No comments:

Post a Comment