I was told once that there are only 4 good reasons to sew:
1. To get a better fit;
2. To be more creative;
3. To get better quality and
4. To save half over the cost of a ready made. With the advent of Ross and good sales at Macy's and my extra weight( which for some reason, made it easier to find clothes that fit), I found fewer and fewer reasons to sew for myself. However, I think some reasons should be added--
5. To have fun making things others will enjoy
6. To avoid cleaning house and
7. To justify buying more fabric!
Now that I am sewing for a variety of people, I find that reasons 1-3 and 5 at least are very valid. Next, I want to take time to sew more art quality clothing.