Saturday, March 28, 2009




Well, I'll try to write something again now. I "lost" my password, and eventually figured out how to reset it. I hope I wrote everything down correctly now. Since I've last written something, I've purchased around 200 yards of fabric! Most of it came from a lady on e-bay who bought it at an auction of a mill going out of business. I now can most certainly make a glittery tu tu or pettislip for anyone who asks. Now, I just have to get them to ask.


My latest sewing project was to work with recycling some jeans given to me by the neighbors. I made the biker chick tu tu that I saw in Las Vegas first. Then I made a gored skirt in a woman's size with lace godets. The third thing was to use the seams from the jeans to weave panels for a tote bag. That was an interesting experience since I had to hand crank the machine fly wheel to get the needle through that much bulk. I almost fired up the old treadle machine to see if it would do the job better. I've still got fabric left, but I'm "jeaned" out for a while.


Another challenge was to finish a bag started by a friend years ago. I wanted to try it because it had a center section with a zipper pocket. There were instructions, kind of. It took hours, and I'm not really proud of the product, but I do now know how to make the center pocket.


I squeezed in 3 pair of PJs for one grandson, a T-shirt and now I'm on to a patchwork black and white bag I've been wanting to do for a while. It probably would be a good idea to vacuum or something, but that can wait I'm sure! Anyone want a tu tu or a fairy outfit?

No comments:

Post a Comment